At HeadCheck, we understand how vital concussion education is. Concussion education is an evolving field, with new data emerging frequently. We also understand the importance of not only trainers and therapists having this knowledge, but athletes, parents and coaches as well. Recognizing the signs and symptoms of a concussion and how they can occur will help keep all athletes safe. We have partnered with select organizations to make understanding the importance of concussions and the impact they have on athletes easier for everyone.
1) CrashCourse provides students, parents, and coaches with the latest medical knowledge on the prevention and treatment of concussions through interactive films. For customers, an optional interactive video module for athletes can be accessed through the HeadCheck web dashboard that can be viewed by logging in with an Athlete account. Please contact our Customer Success Team if you would like this video module to be turned on for your athletes.
2) HeadWay Foundation aims to promote a safer sports culture, provide resources for patients, and enhance concussion evaluation protocols and accessibility.
3) SportMedBC acts as a focal point for experts, applied expertise, and programs. It holds resources for best practices in sports medicine, exercise science, and health promotion.
4) MindRight for Athletes Society helps promote wellness and positive living for young people through increasing community awareness and making use of existing mental health resources.
5) ImPACT is an FDA-cleared online tool for baseline and post-injury testing, measures visual and verbal memory, reaction time, and processing speed to help determine if patients can safely return to activity.
6) Concussion Talk is a podcast started by Nick Mercer who experienced a traumatic brain injury (TBI) that landed him in a two week coma. Through episodes, Nick talks about his experience while interviewing doctors, researchers, physiotherapists and others in the field of brain injury.